Science Minister Lord Sainsbury chose his words carefully at the launch of EurekaUK, published by Universities UK last week. The booklet, detailing 100 discoveries that have changed the world, is being used to support the case for continued funding for top researchers wherever they are located. Lord Sainsbury used his speech to argue that it was the elite universities that had by far the best record for knowledge transfer.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now