In Ask the Panel, September 7, we incorrectly reproduced a response by the University and College Union to a question about staff representation at disciplinary hearings.
The printed version said that institutions are obliged to allow a solicitor to accompany a staff member to a hearing if no prior agreements on staff representation exist at an institution.
This should have said that institutions are under no obligation to allow a solicitor to attend in the absence of prior agreements. Apologies to the UCU.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
- Unrestricted access to the UK and global edition of the THE app on IOS, Android and Kindle Fire
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now