Brussels, 03 April 2002
'Automation within new global scenarios' is the title of a conference planned for 19 to 20 November 2002, to be held in Milan, Italy, where researchers, representatives from manufacturing companies, service providers and end-users will discuss automation, instrumentation and microelectronics.
The conference will seek to answer questions such as 'what is the impact of market globalisation on industry automation?', 'what is the current real value of strongly automated enterprises?' and 'how can new business opportunities be found through automation?'
The conference organisers are currently inviting papers for the conference, which should focus on the following issues:
- innovation and research in the field of automation
- design, simulation and modelling methodologies
- architectures and new standards for control in process and manufacturing industries
- optimisation and advanced control systems
- integration between automation and production management systems
- instrumentation and methodologies for measurements, actuation and communication within the field
- automation and company business finance
- management and organisation of strongly automated businesses.
Remarks: Papers should be submitted by 22.04.2002