Brussels, 05 Sep 2006
The European Wind Energy Association (EWEA) will hold a policy conference entitled 'How to integrate big amounts of wind energy into the European power infrastructure?' on 7-8 November in Brussels, Belgium. The conference will focus on:
- policy and business issues to develop an interconnected grid for Europe;
- technical challenges to integrate more wind power into the European electricity grid;
- infrastructure investments and financing;
- system studies and best practices;
- transnational offshore grids.
The results of the conferences will provide answers to the European Council's ambition to create a single European grid and the proposed Priority Interconnection Plan. The speakers include Andris Piebalgs, European Commissioner for Energy.Further information: