Brussels, 16 Jun 2004
The White Rose university consortium in the UK (universities of Leeds, Sheffield and York) is organising a two-day conference on ageing and quality of life in old age, to be held in Sheffield on 23 and 24 June.
The aim of the conference is to explore connections between healthcare technologies, commercial markets and social care development.
The key themes on the first day of the conference will be:
- the application of science and technology;
- scientific and medical priorities, academic and commercial objectives: conflict or synergy?
- new technologies and research on functioning in old age;
- new approaches and technologies for rehabilitation;
- measuring the impact and benefit of new therapies and technologies.
On the second day, the topics discussed will include:
- improving support and increasing opportunities;
- new approaches to combating the restrictions of old age;
- explorations and the research agenda for promoting older people's positive roles.
For more information, please visit: