Brussels, 23 Feb 2004
The Committee of the Regions has issued a call for expressions of interest for studies in research fields covered by the institution.
The study and research work (impact reports and outlook reports) to be carried out by the Committee of the Regions will cover the following fields:
- Field 1: cohesion policies: economic and social cohesion, territorial cohesion; structural funds; inter-regional and cross-border cooperation; transport and trans-European transport networks; regional development; urban policy; tourism.
- Field 2: economic and social policy: employment; social policy and social protection; equal opportunities; citizens' health; enterprise, competition and taxation policy; economic and monetary policy; internal market; immigration policy (social integration).
- Field 3: sustainable development: environment and natural resources; common agricultural policy and rural development; fisheries; energy and trans-European energy networks; consumer policy; civil defence.
- Field 4: culture, education, vocational training, information society: culture and cultural diversity; youth - sports; education; vocational training; research and technology, including ethical issues; information society and trans-European telecommunications networks; communications technologies and markets; audiovisual industry and the media.
- Field 5: constitutional matters and European governance: European integration and the role of local government; institutional consequences of enlargement; convention - constitutional process; enumeration of the powers of the EU and subsidiarity; decentralisation; European governance; charter of fundamental rights; citizenship of the European Union; human rights; area of freedom, security and justice.
- Field 6: external relations: enlargement (including coordination of joint committees); Euro-Mediterranean partnership; Europe's northern dimension and transatlantic relationships; policy on relations with neighbouring countries; North-South dialogue; World Trade Organisation; other relations with regions and districts in non-Member countries; immigration policy (asylum and visas).
These research fields have not been listed in order of importance. The subjects of the studies will be determined by the Commission's policy priorities, which are stated in its annual policy strategy and its work programme, and by the policy priorities and strategic annual work programme of the Committee of the Regions.
Should some candidates consider themselves to be sufficiently knowledgeable in several fields, they are requested to specify which are the fields that interest them the most and in which they feel they have the greatest specialist knowledge.
For further information on the Committee of the Regions, please visit:
To see the full details of the call, please consult the following web address:
Remarks: The deadline for submitting tender documents is 11.2.2007.
Interested parties can submit an application at any time prior to the last three months of the list's validity period.
Before contacting the Committee of the Regions, tenderers are strongly advise¥d to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.