Brussels, 16 Dec 2003
The European Commission has published a call for proposals in the area of 'space 2004' under the Sixth Framework Programme's activity 'aeronautics and space'. This is one of the areas covered by the 'integrating and strengthening the European Research Area' specific programme.
The areas covered by this call are the following:
- water resources;
- risk management;
- all GMES application fields and their management;
- data harmonisation.
- end-to-end satellite telecommunications systems for mobility applications;
- convergence and integration of satellite telecommunications with GMES;
- end-to-end satellite telecommunications systems for telemedicine applications;
- market assessment and cost benefits.
In specifying the instruments to be used in these areas, the call requests the use of Integrated Projects (IP), Networks of Excellence (NoE) and specific targeted research projects. Proposers are advised to consult the full call text at the address below in order to find out the particular instruments requested for each area.
The total indicative budget for this call is 60 million euro.
To see the full details of the call, please consult the following web address:
Remarks: The deadline for submitting proposal documents is 31 March 2004.
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.