Brussels, 15 Dec 2004
The European Commission has published a call for proposals for small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) wishing to pursue horizontal research activities. This is one of the areas covered by the 'Integrating and strengthening the foundations of the European Research Area' pillar of the Sixth Framework Programme (FP6).
The call is divided into two annexes:
- Cooperative research projects (CRAFT): this instrument provides support to SMEs with a capacity to innovate but without their own research facilities. It allows a number of SMEs from different countries with particular R&D problems or needs to assign a significant part of the research activities to R&D 'performers', such as universities and research centres. This call covers any subject across the whole field of science and technology specified by Article 163 of the EC Treaty. (Total indicative budget - 75 million euro);
- Collective research projects: collective research is a type of research carried out by R&D performers (for example, research centres, universities, etc.) on behalf of industrial associations or groupings in order to expand the knowledge base and improve the overall competitiveness of large communities of SMEs. This call covers any subject across the whole field of science and technology specified by Article 163 of the EC Treaty. (Total indicative budget - 65 million euro); To see the call text, please visit: http:///fp6.cordis.lu/fp6/call_details.cf m?CALL_ID=189 http:///fp6.cordis.lu/fp6/call_details.cf m?CALL_ID=190 Remarks: The deadlines for submitting proposal documents are:
- Cooperative research projects (CRAFT) - 14. 9.2005;
- Collective research projects - 26. 5.2005
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now