Brussels, 20 Nov 2002
The European Commission has published a call for tenders for the provision of information services on Community research, technological development and innovation activities.
Existing activities will have to be taken over in a short period of time, not exceeding three months as from signature of the contract. As the current contract covers the period until 30 September 2003, the foreseen start date for the new contracts is 1st July 2003.
Depending on the available budget, the contracts will be awarded for an initial period of two or three years and may be prolonged to cover up to four years maximum. During the envisaged period, 2003 to 2007, CORDIS will possibly include:
- a further consolidation and upgrade of the existing features for the support of both the Sixth Framework Programme for European research and development and the construction of the European Research and Innovation Area;
- the adoption of evolving international standards related to the common European research information format, content management and the general Internet development;
- implementing new and experimental services, such as (a) a European Innovation Policy Portal (EIPP), (b) a virtual European Technology Market Place (ETMP) and integrating other services by a portal approach.
The call is divided into lots, and tenders may be submitted for one lot or several lots. Five lots are foreseen:
- lot 1: content (content development, production and management; translations; web capability; marketing; customer relations);
- lot 2: development (development and maintenance of the technical infrastructure of all services);
- lot 3: dissemination (provision, maintenance and operations of all HW and SW platforms for information dissemination and user interaction);
- lot 4: quality assurance, process control and helpdesk;
- lot 5: external monitoring and user feedback.
The present call covers only lots 1, 2 and 3, whereas lots 4 and 5 will be subject to a separate call in the near future.
For further information, please contact:
Communication and Awareness Unit
Rue Alcide de Gasperi
Tel: +352 43 01 345 06
Fax: +352 43 01 349 89
To see the full details of the call, please consult the following web address: http://ted.eur-op.eu.int/static/doccur/e n/en/178776-2002.htm
Remarks: The deadline for requesting tender documents is 12.03.2002. The deadline for submitting tender documents is 19.03.2002.
Before contacting the Commission, tenderers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Communities at the reference below.
Document Reference: OJ No S-225-178776 of 20.11.2002