Brussels, 20 Dec 2005
The European Commission has published a call for proposals to gather nominations for the 2006 René Descartes Prizes, under the Sixth Framework Programme's 'Science and Society' priority.
The areas covered by this call are:
- professional scientists and/or communicators engaged in science communication to the public;
- popularising science through the written word (e.g. newspaper articles, popular science books, editorial policies);
- popularising science through audio-visual and electronic media (e.g. scientific television or radio documentaries, websites, editorial policies);
- innovative action for science communication;
- communicators at the start of their career (e.g. first project, young talents) in all the above categories.
The total indicative budget for this call is 1.425 million euro.
Remarks: The deadline for submitting proposal documents is 4 May 2006.
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.
Document Reference: OJ No C 322 of 17.12.2005, p. 22