Brussels, 08 Jun 2006
COMMUNICATION FROM THE COMMISSION TO THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND THE COUNCIL
Taking stock of the GALILEO programme
UPDATED TIMETABLE FOR THE PROGRAMME
- November-December 2006: end of concession contract negotiations.
- December 2006: the European Parliament and the Council will be informed of the outcome of the concession contract negotiations.
- During 2007: conclusion and signature of the concession contract.
- Mid-2006: the Supervisory Authority will officially announce the availability of the full EGNOS service.
- During 2006: gradual handover from the Galileo Joint Undertaking to the Supervisory Authority.
- Autumn 2006: launch of the second experimental satellite.
- Autumn 2006: submission to the Council of the mandates enabling the Commission to start negotiations with third countries to specify arrangements for their participation in later phases of the programme.
- End 2006 – beginning of 2007: a Green Paper on GALILEO applications will be presented to the European Parliament and the Council.
- 2008-2010: launch of the total constellation of 30 satellites, completion of the construction of the ground-based stations and the start of commercial operation of the system and its applications.