Organisers of a new women's history MA at the University of Essex had a shock last week after a press release designed to boost recruitment landed them with a full page in the Daily Star. The article told readers they now had the chance to do a course in "Essex Girls", supporting the information with a "top ten list of Essex totty" and several relevant jokes. As for recruitment, not much change yet.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now