Brussels, 02 Dec 2003
Cefic, the European chemical industry council, in conjunction with EUROTOX, has announced the establishment of a 100,000 euro award for innovative interdisciplinary research in the field of toxicology.
The prize is open to applicants based in Europe, and while there is no age limit, applications from early career scientists are particularly welcomed. The award will be made within the broad field of toxicology, including but not limited to:
- alternatives to animal testing;
- susceptible populations (children, the elderly, pregnant women);
- toxicogenetics, toxicogenomics, bioinformatics;
- epidemiology related to chemical exposure;
- risk perception and communication;
Applications should be submitted in the form of a one to two page summary of the research project and the scientist's curriculum vitae.
The closing date for applications is 1 March 2004