London University's cash-strapped Institute of Commonwealth Studies has won a reprieve after a review panel ruled out closure as an option.
The panel, chaired by Sir Anthony Kenny, pro vice-chancellor of Oxford University, recommended that every effort be made to keep the ICS open.
It recommended rationalisation of course and research provision as well as scope for savings.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now