Further education college heads in Wales have warned that they are facing a financial crisis that could mean up to 800 full and part-time courses being closed and nearly 200 lecturers' jobs being lost.
Fforwm, the organisation representing further education institutions, says 13 of the 25 Welsh colleges are predicting an operating deficit for the financial year 2003-04.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now