Universities and higher education colleges in London generate £800 billion of spending, or 1 per cent of the UK's gross domestic product, according to a report that summarises two studies by GLA Economics and KPMG on the economic and social impact of higher education on the capital. London institutions also employ more than 58,000 people on a full-time-equivalent basis, almost one-fifth of Britain's academic workforce.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now