An international queer studies conference is to be hosted by Canterbury Christ Church University in February 2009. The conference, "Queering Paradigms", will "look at the status quo and the challenges in the future of queer studies". A row broke out in 2007 over the university's refusal to allow same-sex civil partnership ceremonies on its premises. Governors reversed the ban under pressure from staff and students.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now