A national "biobank" set up to house and supply samples of cancer patients' tissue for research has begun accepting sample donations. Cancer patients in selected NHS Trusts can now opt to donate samples of tumours and blood to the bank, named onCore. Scientists will be able to apply to use these samples to understand more about cancer and to develop new treatments and cures for the disease. The onCore archive will work in collaboration with other tissue banks in the UK to integrate and improve access.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now