Glasgow University and Cancer Research UK have won planning permission for a £14 million centre for cancer research. The site, expected to be completed by 2006, will house up to 240 researchers. Karen Vousden, director of the Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, said: "It will be a melting pot of some of the most talented scientists and doctors in the country, giving us the best chance of making progress."
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now