Brussels, 03 Jul 2003
The European Commission has published a call for proposals in the area of 'global change and ecosystems' under the Sixth Framework Programme's 'sustainable development, global change and ecosystems' activity. This is one of the areas covered by the 'integrating and strengthening the European Research Area' specific programme.
The area's covered by this call are:
- Impact and mechanisms of greenhouse gas emissions and atmospheric pollutants on climate, ozone depletion and carbon sinks (area 6.3.I of the work programme);
- Water cycle, including soil related aspects (are 6.3.II of the work programme);
- Biodiversity and ecosystems (area 6.3.III of the work programme);
- Mechanisms of desertification and natural disasters (area 6.3.IV of the work programme);
- Strategies for sustainable land management, including costal zones, agricultural land and forests (area 6.3.V of the work programme);
- Operational forecasting and modelling, including global climate change observation systems (area 6.3.VI of the work programme);
- Complementary research (area 6.3.VII of the work programme);
- Cross cutting issue: sustainable development concepts and tools (area 6.3.VIII of the work programme);
- Specific support actions ('specific support actions' section of the work programme).
In specifying the instruments to be used in these areas, the call requests the use of integrated projects (IP), networks of excellence (NOE), specific targeted research projects (STREP), coordination actions (CA) and specific support actions (SSA). Proposers are advised to consult the full call text at the address below in order to find out the particular instruments requested for each area.
The total indicative budget for this call is 180 million euro To see the call text, please visit: http://fp6.cordis.lu/fp6/call_details.cf m?CALL_ID=78 Remarks: The deadlines for submitting proposal documents are:
- For IP and NOE: 9 October 2003;
- For STREP and CA: 9 October 2003;
- For SSA: 9 October 2003 and 17 February 2004.
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Communities at the reference below.