Brussels, 01 Dec 2004
The European Commission has published the fourth call for proposals under the Sixth Framework Programme's 'information society technologies' (IST) programme. This is one of the areas covered by the 'Integrating and strengthening the European Research Area' specific programme.
The areas covered by this call are:
- 2.4.1. nanoelectronics (instruments: IPs, STREPs, CAs, SSAs) - indicative budget 74 million euro;
- 2.4.2. technologies and devices for micro/nano-scale integration (IPs, STREPs, CAs, SSAs) - 75 million euro;
- 2.4.3. towards a global dependability and security framework (IPs, NoEs, STREPs, CAs, SSAs) - 63 million euro;
- 2.4.4. broadband for all (IPs, NoEs, STREPs, SSAs) - 65 million euro;
- 2.4.5. mobile and wireless systems and platforms beyond 3G (IPs, NoEs, STREPs, SSAs) - 138 million euro;
- 2.4.6. network audiovisual systems and home platforms (IPs, NoEs, STREPs, CAs, SSAs) - 63 million euro;
- 2.4.7. semantic-based knowledge systems (IPs, NoEs, STREPs, SSAs) - 112 million euro;
- 2.4.8. cognitive systems (IPs, NoEs, STREPs, SSAs) - 45 million euro;
- 2.4.9. ICT research for innovative government (IPs, NoEs, STREPs, SSAs, CAs) - 46 million euro;
- 2.4.10. technology-enhanced learning (IPs, NoEs, STREPs, CAs) - 54 million euro;
- 2.4.11. integrated biomedical information for better health (IPs, STREPs, SSAs, CAs) - 75 million euro;
- 2.4.12. eSafety - cooperative systems for road transport (IPs, NoEs, STREPs, SSAs) - 82 million euro;
- 2.4.13, strengthening the integration of the ICT research effort in an enlarged Europe (STREPs) - 63 million euro.
Future and emerging technologies proactive initiatives (total indicative budget 54 million euro):
- 2.3.4. (viii) advanced computing architectures (IPs, NoEs);
- 2.3.4. (ix) presence and interaction in mixed reality environments (IPs);
- 2.3.4. (x) situated and automatic communications (IPs, NoEs).
The total indicative budget for this call is 1,120 million euro. To see the call text, please visit: http:///fp6.cordis.lu/fp6/call_details.cf m?CALL_ID=174 Remarks: The deadline for submitting proposal documents is 22.3.2005.
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now