Brussels, 26 Sep 2003
The Commission's Research DG has published a call for tenders related to an assessment of the impact of actions carried out under the Fifth Framework Programme (FP5), as part of the five-year assessment of Community research activities.
The five-year assessment of Community research activities enables the achievements and impact of past and ongoing activities to be evaluated and appraised. It contributes to making implementation of these activities more transparent, and plays a significant role in defining the future direction of research, technological development and demonstration activities.
The aim of the contract is to carry out a survey analysing the impact of actions completed under the fifth Community research framework programme. More precisely, the study will consist of:
- devising a methodology, based on a questionnaire, to gather relevant information on the impact of the actions completed under the fifth Community research framework programme, covering a significant sample of participants in the research activities;
- carrying out a survey which includes updating the details of the participants, sending out questionnaires, collecting and analysing the quantitative and qualitative data on the actions completed under the fifth Community research framework programme;
- summing up and analysing the collected data. The analysis will take into account the objectives and modalities for implementation of the framework programmes and specific programmes respectively. It should also highlight the follow-up aspects and make comparisons with the survey conducted for the 1995-1999 assessment exercise, as well as the survey of activities completed under the third and fourth framework programmes;
- drawing conclusions from the analysis;
- providing all the information (data, analyses, summaries, conclusions) to enable the Commission to compile a collection of data for use at a later date.
The total envisaged budget for this call is between 130,000 and 150,000 euro.
For further information, please contact:
Attn: B. de Boissezon
Office: SMDE 2/41
Fax +32-2-295 4082
To see the full details of the call, please consult the following web address:
Remarks: The deadline for requesting tender documents is .10.2003.
The deadline for submitting tender documents is 10.11.2003.
Before contacting the Commission, tenderers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.
Document Reference: OJ No S 185-166366 of 26. 9.2003