Brussels, 08 Jun 2004
The European Commission has published a call for tenders for a study on the technical possibility of applying tyre-road noise emission levels without compromising vehicle safety.
The contractor will investigate whether and to what extent technical progress would, without compromising safety, allow the introduction of more stringent limit values regarding the tyre-road noise emission limits compared to the limits given in Annex V, section 4.2.1, column A of Directive 92/23/EEC as amended by Directive 2001/43/EC . The limit values indicated in columns B and C in Directive 2001/43/EC shall be used as a reference.
The contractor will therefore:
- carry out a technical analysis of the possibility of introducing more stringent tyre-road noise emission limits beyond those already in force. This includes literature research, contacts with all competent stakeholders and the execution of new practical tests if necessary;
- review the two further steps proposed for more stringent tyre-road noise emission limits as given in columns B and C of Directive 2001/43/EC for the different tyre classes which can be applied without compromising safety;
- propose and discuss possible amendments to the directive regarding provisions relating to safety, environmental and rolling resistance aspects and give detailed explanation about their necessity and possible positive/negative contributions, the findings shall be supported by practical tests;
- undertake a cost/benefit analysis for the proposed noise limits and additional amendments to the directive;
- present conclusions and recommendation for the further development of the directive.
The study shall provide the Commission services with all information necessary in order to prepare a report for the European Parliament and Council, and will contain all necessary information to enable the Commission to present a proposal for an amendment to Directive 2001/43/EC introducing provisions relating to safety, environmental and rolling resistance aspects.
For further information, please contact:
Attn: Paul Weissenberg
rue de la Loi/Wetstraat 200
Office AN88: 1/43
Tel +32-2 299 8288
Fax +32-2 299 8010
To see the full details of the call, please consult the following web address:
http://ted.publications.eu.int/udl?REQUE ST=Seek-Deliver&LANGUAGE=en&DOCI D=091296-2004
Remarks: The deadline for requesting tender documents is 6.8.2004.
The deadline for submitting tender documents is 13.8.2004.
Before contacting the Commission, tenderers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.