Brussels, 25 Jul 2005
The European Defence Agency has published a call for tenders for a technology demonstration study on sense-and-avoid technologies for long endurance unmanned air vehicles.
The contract involves:
- detailed mapping of existing European regulations and UAVs' specificities;
- definition of separate requirements for sense and for avoid;
- definition of complementary equipment (cooperative and non-cooperative) for civilian air traffic insertion;
- definition of potential technical solutions for UAVs and simulation of the same, taking into consideration onboard situation awareness and submitted common operational picture (COP) as well as path and mission deconflicting;
- definition of safety case in general configuration;
- assessment of impact on air traffic management (ATM) procedures.
For further information, please contact:
European Defence Agency
Attn: Dr Octávia Frota
Rue des Drapiers 17-23
Tel: +32-2 504 2887
Fax: +32-2 504 2885
To see the full details of the call, please consult the following web address:
htt p://ted.publications.eu.int/udl?REQUE ST=Seek-Deliver&LANGUAGE=en&DOCI D=139739-2005
Remarks: The deadline for submitting tender documents is 18.8.2005.
Before contacting the Commission, tenderers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.