Brussels, 16 Jun 2004
The European Commission has published a call for proposals for Specific Support Actions (SSAs) for targeted countries under the international cooperation thematic priority of the Sixth Framework Programme (FP6).
SSAs will be implemented to stimulate, encourage and facilitate the participation of organisations from those targeted countries that have an S&T cooperation agreement with the EU or are in the process of negotiating such an agreement in the activities of the seven priority thematic areas of FP6.
This call relates to Annex E of the work programme. Its specific objectives are to:
- increase links between European scientists and between European and third country scientists and help them forge links with the relevant institutions;
- better identify and demonstrate cooperation between Europe and third countries;
- improve the process of providing information, on a mutual basis, on the S&T of the countries concerned;
- improve the process of providing information on programmes and funding designed to promote cooperation between Europe and third countries;
- exchange best practices using workshops.
Deliverables are expected to include:
-- an ongoing 'one-stop-shop- website on European-third country collaboration (both multilateral and bilateral) providing a range of services, including:
- information and links on existing collaboration;
- information and links on funding sources available for collaboration;
- assistance in forming partnerships and a referral service to relevant experts for specialist advice;
- practical information on exchanges (visas, local rules and customs, education etc.)
-- an online database with the capability to identify potential European and third country collaborators to be used by both researchers and administrators;
-- regular events aimed at identifying priorities for collaboration and enhancing the quality, quantity and visibility of future action, the outcomes of which will be broadcast via the website.
The total budget for this call is 2.9 million euro - around 300,000 euro per action.
To see the full details of the call, please consult the following web address:
Remarks: The deadline for submitting proposal documents is 14.10.2004.
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.