Brussels, 16 Jun 2004
The European Commission has published a call for proposals for Specific Support Actions (SSAs) for associated candidate countries under the international cooperation thematic priority of the Sixth Framework Programme (FP6).
The call relates to Annex D of the work programme. It aims to give each associated candidate country (Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey) the opportunity to improve its research capacities and/or research centres in the thematic priority domains of FP6 by reinforcing their S&T potential, by supporting and mobilising human and material resources, by disseminating scientific information as well as the results of research, by facilitating communication between centres with similar scientific interests, and by improving their responses to the socio-economic needs of the country.
The outcomes of the SSAs will be:
- contribution to RTD capacity building in the country;
- enhanced participation of the country in FP6;
- increased scope (regional coverage, subjects, activities) of research centres with increased linkage to the economic and social environment;
- increased networking between centres;
- increased job opportunities in the country for young scientists.
In each of the seven FP6 thematic priority areas, the Commission intends to select the best or most promising national research centre for funding.
The total indicative budget for this call is 19.8 billion euro.
To see the full details of the call, please consult the following web address:
Remarks: The deadline for submitting proposal documents is 14.10.2004.
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.