Brussels, 16 Dec 2003
The European Commission has published a call for proposals in the area of 'Nanotechnologies and nano-sciences, knowledge-based multifunctional materials and new production processes and devices' (NMP) under the Sixth Framework Programme's activity of the same name. This is one of the areas covered by the 'Integrating and strengthening the European Research Area' specific programme.
The areas covered by this call are:
- nanostructured surfaces (area 22.214.171.124-1 of the work programme);
- industrially relevant production of nanoparticles (area 126.96.36.199-2 of the work programme);
- understanding materials phenomena (area 188.8.131.52-1 of the work programme);
- development of nanostructured materials (area 184.108.40.206-2 of the workprogramme);
- tribology related surfaces engineering for multi functional materials (area 220.127.116.11-4 of the work programme);
- new knowledge based higher performance multi materials for macro scale applications (are 18.104.22.168-2 of the work programme);
- new and user friendly production technologies and their incorporation into the factory of the future (area 22.214.171.124-1 of the work programme);
- new production technologies for high added value products, exploiting and using nano scale precision engineering techniques (area 126.96.36.199-2 of the work programme);
- hazard reduction in production and storage sites (area 188.8.131.52-1 of the work programme);
- human friendly, safe and efficient constructions (area 184.108.40.206 of the work programme);
- new generation of multifunctional materials and technologies for surface transport (area 220.127.116.11 of the work programme);
- mastering chemicals and creating new eco efficient processes and synthesis routes (area 18.104.22.168 of the work programme).
In specifying the instruments to be used in these areas, the call requests the use of Integrated Projects (IP) and Networks of Excellence (NoE). Proposers are advised to consult the full call text at the address below in order to find out the particular instruments requested for each area.
The total indicative budget for this call is 245 million euro. Considering the indicative budget for this call, about 20 proposals are expected to be supported. To see the call text, please visit: http://fp6.cordis.lu/nmp/call_details.cf m?CALL_ID=108 Remarks: The deadline for submitting proposal documents is 2 March 2004.
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.