Brussels, 16 Mar 2004
The European Commission has published a call for proposals in the area of 'regional innovation policies, including new tools and approaches' under the Sixth Framework Programme's 'research and innovation' activity. This is one of the areas covered by the 'Structuring the European Research Area' specific programme.
The areas covered by this call are:
- Development of regional innovation strategies (area 1.2.2.A.1 of the work programme) - total indicative budget: 9.3 million euro.
- Innovation policy impact assessment at regional level (area 1.2.2.B.1 of the work programme) - total indicative budget: 5.5 million euro.
- Support to RIS-NAC processes (area 1.2.2.B.2 of the work programme) - total indicative budget: 2.5 million euro.
The 'Structuring the European Research Area' specific programme attacks a number of key structural weaknesses that prevent the maximum economic and social benefits being drawn from the European research effort.
The 'research and innovation' theme of the specific programme aims to encourage a more innovation friendly environment throughout the EU, and to stimulate technological innovation and the setting up of innovative technology businesses.
The objectives of the 'research and innovation' theme are to:
- set up the basis of a European innovation system by networking players, promoting cooperation, breaking down barriers and encouraging transnational learning;
- investigate and test new approaches, extract lessons from the experience of Framework Programme research projects and promote entrepreneurial innovation;
- offer services that need to be provided on a European scale.
The full involvement of associated candidate countries is to be secured. The international dimension is to be taken into consideration as to do so is beneficial for the European innovation system.
In specifying the instruments to be used in these areas, the call requests the use of specific support actions. Proposers are advised to consult the full call text at the address below in order to find out the particular instruments requested for each area.
The total indicative budget for this call is 17.3 million euro. To see the call text, please visit: http://fp6.cordis.lu/fp6/call_details.cf m?CALL_ID=125 Remarks: The deadline for submitting proposal documents is 16.6.2004.
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.