Brussels, 17 Dec 2003
The European Commission has published a call for proposals in the area of 'governance, scientific advice, outreach and communication' under the Sixth Framework Programme's 'science and society' activity. This is one of the areas covered by the 'Structuring the European Research Area' specific programme.
The aim of the science and society programme is to help develop an environment in which both policy makers and citizens are equipped to make informed choices from the ever growing range of options thrown up by scientific and technological progress, by seeking both a better integration of science in society and society in science.
The areas covered by this call are:
- governance and scientific advice (subjects 126.96.36.199 (a) i, ii, iii and 188.8.131.52 (a); (b); (c); (d) of the work programme);
- uncertainty, risk and the precautionary principle (subjects 184.108.40.206 (a) i, ii; (b) of the work programme);
- interchange of scientific information products (subject 220.127.116.11 (a) of the work programme);
- European Science Week (subject 18.104.22.168 (b) i of the work programme);
- science shops (subject 22.214.171.124 (c) of the work programme);
- communicating European science (subject 126.96.36.199 (a) of the work programme);
- embedding science and society in FP6 (subject 188.8.131.52 (b) of the work programme).
In specifying the instruments to be used in these areas, the call requests the use of coordination actions and specific support actions. Proposers are advised to consult the full call text at the address below in order to find out the particular instruments requested for each area.
The total indicative budget for this call is 7.1 million euro. To see the call text, please visit: http://fp6.cordis.lu/lifescihealth/call_ details.cfm?CALL_ID=119 Remarks: The deadline for submitting proposal documents is 11 May 2004.
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.