Brussels, 05 Nov 2003
The European Commission has published two calls for proposals in the area of 'food quality and safety' under the Sixth Framework Programme activity of the same name. This is one of the areas covered by the 'integrating and strengthening the European Research Area' specific programme.
The areas covered by these calls are:
- Total food chain (section 5.4.1 of the work programme);
- Epidemiology of food related diseases and allergies (section 5.4.2 of the work programme);
- Impact of food on health (section 5.4.3 of the work programme);
- 'Traceability' processes along the production chain (section 5.4.4 of the work programme);
- Methods of analysis, detection and control (section 5.4.5 of the work programme);
- Safer and environmentally friendly production methods and technologies and healthier foodstuffs (section 5.4.6 of the work programme);
- Impact of animal feed on human health (section 5.4.7 of the work programme);
- Environmental health risks (section 5.4.8 of the work programme);
- Specific support actions (are 5.4.9 of the work programme).
In specifying the instruments to be used in these areas, the calls request the use of Integrated Projects, Networks of Excellence, specific targeted research projects, coordinated actions and specific support actions. Proposers are advised to consult the full call texts at the address below in order to find out the particular instruments requested for each area.
The total indicative budget for this call is 197 million euro To see the call texts, please visit: FP6-2003-FOOD-2-A
FP6-2003-FOOD-2-B Remarks: The deadlines for submitting proposal documents are:
5 February 2004 (FP6-2003-FOOD-2-A) 29 September 2004 (FP6-2003-FOOD-2-B)
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.