Brussels, 12 Sep 2005
The European Commission has published a call for proposals for indirect actions under the multiannual Community Programme to make digital content in Europe more accessible, usable and exploitable: 'eContentplus'.
On 9 March 2005 the European Parliament and the Council approved the eContentplus Programme, a multiannual Community programme to make digital content in Europe more accessible, usable and exploitable.
The present call is open for proposals for indirect actions addressing the following areas and the following activities:
- 3.1.1 Promoting the enabling infrastructure - targeted projects
- 3.2.2 Stimulating geographic content enrichment - a thematic network
- 4.2.1 Stimulating educational content enrichment - content enrichment projects
- 4.2.2 Stimulating educational content enrichment - thematic networks
Cultural content and scientific/scholarly content:
- 5.1.1 Promoting the enabling infrastructure - targeted projects - 5.2.1 Stimulating cultural and scientific/scholarly content enrichment - content enrichment projects
- 5.2.2 Stimulating cultural and scientific/scholarly content enrichment - thematic networks
Reinforcing cooperation between digital content stakeholders:
- 6.1.1 Public Sector Information - a thematic network.
The total budget earmarked for co-financing indirect actions is estimated at 26.6 million euro. To see the call text, please: click here Remarks: The deadline for receipt of proposals by the Commission is 24.11.2005.
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.