Brussels, 05 Nov 2004
The European Commission has published a call for proposals for policy-orientated research under the 'Policy support and anticipating scientific and technological needs' section of the Sixth Framework Programme (FP6).
The call addresses the following areas:
- sustainable management of Europe's natural resources;
- the modernisation and sustainability of agriculture and forestry;
- tools and assessment methods for sustainable agriculture and forestry management;
- the modernisation and sustainability of fisheries policies;
- new and more environmentally friendly production methods to improve animal health;
- environmental assessment;
- assessment of environmental technologies for support of policy decisions;
- providing health, security and opportunity to the people of Europe;
- the impact of environmental issues on health;
- comparative research of factors underlying migration and refugee flows, including illegal immigration and trafficking of human beings;
- improved means to anticipate crime trends and causes, and to assess the effectiveness of crime prevention policies; assessment of new challenges related to illicit drug use;
- issues related to civil protection (including biosecurity and protection against risks arising from terrorist attacks), and crisis management;
- underpinning the economic potential and cohesion of a larger and more integrated European Union;
- the development of tools, indicators and operational parameters for assessing sustainable transport and energy systems performance;
- global security analysis and validation systems for transport and research relating to accident risks and safety in mobility systems;
- forecasting and developing innovative policies for sustainability in the medium and long term;
- information society issues (such as management and protection of digital assets and inclusive access to the information society);
- the protection of cultural heritage and associated conservation strategies.
Interested parties are invited to consult the full call text for details of the instrument applicable to each area.
To see the full details of the call, please consult the following web address:
Remarks: The deadline for submitting proposal documents is 1.2.2005.
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.