Brussels, 17 Jun 2004
The European Commission has published a call for tenders in the thematic area 'sustainable development, global change and ecosystems', in the sub-priority 'global change and ecosystems', under the Sixth Framework Programme (FP6).
The call relates to the following research areas:
- impact and mechanisms of greenhouse gas emissions and atmospheric pollutants on climate, ozone depletion and carbon sinks;
- water cycle, including soil-related aspects;
- biodiversity and ecosystems;
- mechanisms of desertification and natural disasters;
- strategies for sustainable land management, including coastal zones, agricultural land and forests;
- operational forecasting and modelling, including global climatic change observation systems;
- complementary research;
- cross-cutting issue: sustainable development concepts and tools;
- specific support actions.
Interested parties are invited to consult the original call text for full details of the topics within each area included in this call, and for details of which instrument has been prescribed to each research area.
The total indicative budget for this call is 205 million euro.
To see the full details of the call, please consult the following web address:
Remarks: The deadline for submitting tender documents is 26.10.2004.
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.