Brussels, 08 Dec 2004
The European Commission has published a call for proposals for the 'citizens and governance in a knowledge-based society' thematic priority of the Sixth Framework Programme (FP6).
The areas covered by this call are: For Networks of Excellence and Integrated Projects:
- knowledge based policies for the knowledge based society: policy learning and the sources of policy knowledge;
- growth, employment and competitiveness in a knowledge based economy;
- the relations between the labour market, employment and welfare regimes;
- education strategies for inclusion and social cohesion and their relation to other policies;
- linguistic diversity in a European knowledge based society;
- democracy in a supranational context;
- approaches to conflict analysis: prevention and resolution of violent conflicts;
- towards a European public sphere;
- gender and citizenship in a multicultural context.
For STREPs and CAs:
- emerging dynamic growth regions and their role in a global economy;
- understanding knowledge;
- societal trends, quality of life and public policies;
- inequalities in society and their consequences;
- they dynamics of youth in the context of intergenerational relations in European society;
- development models to meet combined societal and economic objectives;
- new EU borders, new visions of neighbourhood;
- governance for sustainable development;
- privatisation and public policy in different contexts;
- regulatory processes and the use of impact assessment;
- economic governance, articulation and competences and role of expertise;
- transnational terrorism, security and the rule of law;
- human rights and conflicts;
- crime and criminalisation;
- values and religions in Europe;
- understanding and measuring social sciences and humanities and their impact;
- promotion and support for comparative research, methodologies and data generation.
- increasing the visibility and impact of research infrastructures and activities for social sciences and humanities in Europe;
- new approaches for policy-research dialogues in the ERA: targeted dissemination of EU research in national and multi-national contexts;
- promoting international research and policy cooperation in social sciences and humanities;
- new converging technologies and their wider implications for a European knowledge-based society.
For further information on the budget for each area, please consult the full call text.
To see the full details of the call, please consult the following web addresses:
Remarks: The deadline for submitting tender documents is 13.4.2005.
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.