Brussels, 10 Jun 2004
Within the framework of the upcoming Dutch EU Presidency, a conference entitled 'Quality in labour market transitions: a European challenge' is being organised by the EU funded TLM.NET (managing social risks through transitional labour markets) project.
The event will take place in Amsterdam, the Netherlands on 25 and 26 November, and a call for papers to be presented at the conference is currently open.
Papers on the following themes are sought:
- supporting labour market mobility and dynamics;
- life-long learning, school to work and labour market transitions;
- active labour market policies and escape routes to and from unemployment;
- work-life balance and new forms of transitions related to household activities;
- active retirement: new solutions to demographic needs and individual preferences in retirement transitions;
- the sustainability of employment insurance.
Paper abstracts should be submitted to the organisers by 1 July.
For further information, please consult the following web address: