BRITISH LIBRARY readers are being ask to consider paying annual charges of up to Pounds 700. The library issued some 2,500 questionnaires to readers this week to see how much they would be willing to pay, if anything, to use the new St Pancras building and its facilities. It asks readers what annual charge would be acceptable. The annual charge options range from Pounds 50 to Pounds 700. It also asks whether readers would consider paying for a reader's pass, with charges ranging from Pounds 3 to Pounds 20. The British Library board has previously rejected charging for access but has agreed to seek more information on the subject.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now