Chris Brand, Edinburgh University's self-styled "scientific racist" this week appealed against his recent dismissal, two days before the deadline for appeal ran out.
Mr Brand was sacked last month after a university tribunal found him guilty of gross misconduct, saying he had courted controversy, and that his public comments on paedophilia had apparently been clearly chosen "to inflame an already difficult situation". The university court will now appoint a senior legal figure, not a university employee, to hear the appeal. He or she can choose to sit alone or with two other people. See letters page 13.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
- Unrestricted access to the UK and global edition of the THE app on IOS, Android and Kindle Fire
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now