Rugby players, traditionally associated with beery boisterousness, are being employed as "noise marshalls" by Southampton University. From this week, 20 or so members of the university rugby team will take on the role of marshalls, gently reminding fellow students to keep the noise down as they return home from the nightclub on the university's Highfield Campus.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now