A masters degree in songwriting has been introduced at Bath Spa University. Students on the course will write songs and perform them, comment critically on material, examine the musicological roots of their craft, record a portfolio of songs and consider the potential value of their work in the marketplace. Professional songwriters, including Ivor Novello award winner Iain Archer, are on the teaching staff. Andrew West, the course's director, said: "Although widely taught ... at undergraduate level, there has not previously been an opportunity for students to continue their study of songwriting at postgraduate level."
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now