A new book on the UK's food has been written by a lecturer at Bath Spa University. Katharine Reeve, who teaches creative writing and English literature, co-wrote The Rough Guide to Food after researching the topic for 18 months. Among the areas she explored were genetic modification, global sustainability and the impact of big supermarkets on the food industry. She said: "When we set out to write this book, we couldn't understand why nobody had tackled the subject before, but now we know because it is immensely complex and there (is so much) misinformation."
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now