Brussels, 16 October 2006
A conference entitled 'Baltic Sea and European marine strategy - linking science and policy' will be held in Helsinki, Finland, from 13 to 15 November 2006.
The conference will demonstrate how research can support the protection and management of the marine environment. It will address the Baltic Sea in terms of research, protection, environmental awareness, education, and international cooperation.
The agenda includes sessions on:
- combating eutrophication;
- sustainable use of marine resources;
- protecting biodiversity;
- decreasing risks from hazardous substances;
- reconciling human activities and ecosystems;
- linking science and policy.
For more information, please visit: http://www.eu2006balticsea.net/