• Geoff Tansley of the School of Engineering and Applied Science has received a UK/India Education and Research Initiative grant of £81,000 for research on a total artificial heart.
• Roslyn Bill, of the department of pharmacy and biology, has just signed a Framework Programme Seven contract under the EDICT scheme. The Aston contribution is €308,551 and will support a postdoctoral appointment for three years.
• Bernard Gilmartin, professor of optometry, has been appointed the UK representative on the International Organising Committee of the 12th International Myopia Conference to be held in Australia in July 2008.
• Paul Furlong, professor of psychology, was invited to address the European Parliament in Brussels on 13 February as part of a programme of presentations by experts on the topic “Progress without pain – alternatives to animal experiments”.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now