Brussels, 19 May 2005
The European Commission's Enterprise and Industry DG has published a call for tenders for an assessment of the impact of off-shoring of research and development on the innovation potential of EU companies.
The contract concerns a study whose purpose is to establish how, where, and to what extent the innovation performance of EU countries, as measured by the European Innovation Scoreboard, is affected by off-shoring of research and development. The study should therefore:
- provide a methodological framework to describe the potential effects that off-shoring of research and development can have on innovation performance as measured by the European Innovation Scoreboard's indicators and other economic or scientific indicators;
- present and validate the results of existing studies on off-shoring of research and development from EU countries to other countries, including within the EU;
- validate the developed methodological framework on the impact of off-shoring through case studies and selected interviews;
- provide three simulations on the potential effects of off-shoring on innovation performance;
- provide recommendations on how the issue of off-shoring of research and development can be addressed by innovation policy measures.
For further information, please contact:
Directorate-General Enterprise and Industry
Unit D1 - Innovation Policy Development
Attn: Franck Dupont
Rue de la Loi 200
Fax: +32-2 298 0428
To see the full details of the call, please consult the following web address:
http://ted.publications.eu.int/udl?REQUE ST=Seek-Deliver&LANGUAGE=en&DOCI D=093722-2005
Remarks: The deadline for requesting tender documents is 7.7.2005.
The deadline for submitting tender documents is 13.7.2005.
Before contacting the Commission, tenderers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.