Edinburgh College of Art looks set to merge with Heriot-Watt University in around 18 months' time. College governors voted 13 to 10 on Monday in favour of talks aimed at full merger by summer 2001. They had heard presentations from pro and anti-merger working groups. The college will now enter protracted merger negotiations with Heriot-Watt, which has conferred the college's degrees since 1969. Likely topics to be covered include the site of the college, currently far closer to the city centre than Heriot-Watt's greenfield campus, and staffing levels.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now