Researchers from two universities are to work together on a project that aims to transform the way society views older women. The team from the universities of Derby and Sheffield will conduct workshops to explore how women are represented in the media and society as they age and how it affects their wellbeing. They will also work with the participants using art therapy, video and photographic techniques to create alternative images, which will be exhibited publicly. The project, titled "Look at me! Images of Women and Ageing", is funded by the Economic and Social Research Council.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now