Brussels, 17 November 2005
15 November 2005
Subject: Adoption of a Council Regulation on the common organisation of the market in seeds
Consultation deadline: 21.11.2005
1. On 25 August 2005, the Commission presented the Council with a proposal for a Council Regulation under Articles 36 and 37(2) TEC.
2. This proposal aims to simplify and clarify the existing Community legislation on the seeds CMO dating back to 1971.
3. The European Parliament delivered its opinion on 15 November 2005. The European Economic and Social Committee delivered its opinion on 26 October 2005.
4. At its meeting on 14 November 2005, the Special Committee on Agriculture reached unanimous agreement on this proposal, subject to some changes (1) and without prejudice to the expected European Parliament opinion.
5. The Council is therefore invited to adopt the Regulation as an "A" item on the provisional agenda of a forthcoming session (2).
(1) These changes are inserted in the draft Regulation as finalised by the jurist/linguists (document 13470/05 ).
(2) Once the parliamentary scrutiny reservation placed by Denmark has been lifted.
[Public Info Net automatically generates links to Council Register documents where an appropriately formatted document number is given. However, the document may not be available for public use and/or it may not be loaded on the Council Register yet.]