An Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences that opened last month has secured £5.8 million from external sponsors. Based at Aberystwyth University, it will support projects ranging from plant genetics to farm-waste management. Start-up investment has topped £50 million and, with more than 300 staff, the institute has the largest group of specialist scientists in this area in the UK.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now