Brussels, 06 Oct 2003
Senior scientists, heads of universities, industrialists, policy makers and civil society representatives will gather in Liège, Belgium, from 25 to 28 April 2004, to discuss 'a vision for university based research and innovation'.
Exploring the issues raised by the Commission's communication on the role of universities in the Europe of knowledge, the conference will be divided into a series of parallel sessions on the following issues:
- the creation and certification of knowledge;
- the link between research and education;
- public/private partnerships;
- the research role of universities in the regions;
- the challenge of inter-disciplinary research.
Each session will mark the culmination of an extensive consultation exercise, and will provide an opportunity for participants to influence the strategy being drafted by the Commission.
For further information, please visit: