A marketing consultancy conducting a study of student culture tells us that cannabis use is so common on campus that many students don't even regard it as a drug. It's not surprising then that enterprising students whom they interviewed at Bristol University have come up with a new take-away service - call "dial-a-bud" and a fellow student will bike over something to smoke while you are eating your pizza. Is this the sort of entrepreneurial culture Chancellor Gordon Brown is hoping to inspire in British universities?
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now