Brussels, 21 Jul 2003
No. prev. doc.: 10811/03
Nos Cion props: 11576/01 , 13132/02
Subject: Approval of the European Parliament's second-reading amendments to the common position adopted by the Council on the proposal for a Regulation on genetically modified food and feed
Consultation deadline: 18.07.03
II. SECOND READING BY THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND ACTION TO BE TAKEN
1. At its sitting on 2 July 2003, the Parliament passed 9 amendments 7 to the common position on the second reading, all of which were accepted by the Commission.
2. At its meeting on 11 July 2003, the Permanent Representatives Committee confirmed that these amendments are acceptable.
3. The Council is therefore invited to
- approve all the European Parliament's amendments, with the DK, LUX, A and UK delegation voting against, as an "A" item at a forthcoming meeting, so that the Regulation would be deemed to have been adopted in the form of the common position thus amended, in accordance with Article 251(3) of the EC Treaty.
- enter the statements in the Addendum to this note in the minutes of the meeting.